I want it on my Ipod...

Get user supplied support
2bad
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

I want it on my Ipod...

Post by 2bad »

I recently bought nero 7 ultra edition because it says on the i-doser homepage it will convert the doses to my ipod. Nero says it doesn't recognize the file type and might need a plugin. What should I do? thanks.
idoser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by idoser »

Nero will only convert the I-Doser simulation CDs available from I-Doser.com. Currently, there is no way to convert the .drg files. Those can only be used with the I-Doser Player Application.
bugmenever
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

iPod issues..

Post by bugmenever »

I have some doses on my iPod.... but i remember the sound check thing... if i take out one earpiece i am supposed to hear a solid noise.. and with both in it sounds "wavy" for lack of a better word. but that doesn't happen. If i take out one earpiece i hear a constant wavy sound.. not a solid tone. is this my iPod sound settings? if so please tell me how to change it so it will work by listening to it from my ipod. or is it the MP3 file.. because i might have converted it wrong.. PLEASE HELP
Kevii
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Kevii »

If you didnt buy the CD then you cant change them into MP3
Kelli
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by Kelli »

Yes you can. There are tons of freeware software out there that will convert any sound played on your computer to mp3. Just do a google search.
Kelli
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by Kelli »

Yes you can. There are tons of freeware software out there that will convert any sound played on your computer to mp3. Just do a google search.

If you happen to have the ultra edition of Nero then "Nero soundtrax" will do the job aswell. I just tried it.. Works like a charm.
Kevii
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Kevii »

Everyone knows how to record it into an Mp3. What i was trying to say was that there is no way to record the binaural beats coming out from the i-doser program. If you have sucessfully converted it to mp3 then congratulations! But as for me and my friends, we've discovered that doesnt work. Otherwise why would there be a CD on sale? If it works for you ....Ha I don't know how I should explain how messed up your brain must be to be hallucinating over a few fuzzy noises.
Kelli
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by Kelli »

Yes, I have successfully converted the binaural beats from the i-doser to mp3. Almost every sound editing program can record this sound.

The trick is to choose the correct input when you start your recording. Instead of selecting the physical microphone jack-plug behind your pc, you select "what-u-hear" as your input.

Press record, start i-doser and wait until the dose has played through. Once it has finished recording just crop of the ends of the audio-file and save as mp3.

For the dose to work as an mp3 file you must choose "true stereo" encoding (not joint stereo), fixed bitrate and high quality.
idoser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by idoser »

Even under the best conditions with the hightest quality sound program, it won't work. MP3 compression ruins the effects. Keep in mind, I-Doser doses are very complex binaural beats. Any compression could degrade the dose. This is why we sell the Simulation CD - it was designed to be converted to mp3 with no loss.
Kelli
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by Kelli »

I have to disagree with you.

1. I have tested it and the dose still works afterwards (at least it did to me).

2. You say that Mp3 compression ruins the effect. Well, sortof, depends on your compression-rate. If that was the case then conversion from your CD would also be impossible. There is no technical difference in the conversion process between converting from a CD or a sound output (provided that you rip directly from the digital sound-source and not through an looped cable between the sound-output and sound-input of you audio-unit.)
olgi
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by olgi »

I have to agree with the poster above me. I don't own the CD, but I fail to see how can it be more "compression friendly" than the sound wave of the doses of I-Doser?
idoser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by idoser »

It was mastered to be more compression friendly, and tested. It is the only offical I-Doser.com approved way. Any other way of creating professional level binaural doses is an at-your-own-risk process.
olgi
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by olgi »

The only thing I can think of is that the CD consists only of frequencies that will not be cut off by a standard MP3 encoder. Now, what one considers a 'standard' MP3 encoder is hard to determine.

Fact is, if one is to use the Lame MP3 encoder, he can set the low and highpass filters manually, as well as many other options.

In other words, I don't want to sound rude or annoying or anything, but being a bit of a computer geek, this seems a little bit fishy to me. :?
Kevii
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Kevii »

Im surre you can record it or whatever. Like i said we know how to record shit into an MP3. No shit you use What-U-Hear? What i said was the effect was not the same for any of us with high bitrate rates and whatever you wanna call it. Tried MP3 and Wav and neither worked for about 10 people. But the program does.
TheLoneMercenary
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by TheLoneMercenary »

Hey anyone got this program for converting the file to mp3 or watever it does :P

to lazy to look on google as i always seem to download a virus or other malware stuff,so anyone got a link to the program what actually works converting them?

it would be apriciated if you could suppy it.