Xanax Question...

Share dose experiences
Shrimpo
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Xanax Question...

Post by Shrimpo »

Hi, just wondering what Xanax does and why it's used recreationally so often by many different people. What kind of people use Xanax? What are the side effects and risks? How much should I take? I'm sort of thinking of trying it but need the infop first. Erowid.org is O.K. but doesn't do the trick for me. I know Xanax is for the treatment of anxiety and/or depression... other than that, I know nothing. I weight ~160lb. I take medication to treat my ADHD. Please reply with REAL information and personal experiences if you wish. Thanks.

-Shrimpo
lucidthoughts
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by lucidthoughts »

Hey man, read this, and then read what I have to say about it.

Alprazolam, also known under the trade names Xanax (not to be confused with Zantac), Xanor, and Niravam, is a short-acting drug of the benzodiazepine class used to treat moderate to severe anxiety disorders and panic attacks, and is used as an adjunctive treatment for anxiety associated with moderate depression. It is also available in an extended-release form, Xanax XR, both of which are now available in generic form. Alprazolam possesses anxiolytic, sedative, hypnotic, anticonvulsant, and muscle relaxant properties.

Alprazolam may be habit-forming, and long-term use and abuse may cause a physical dependence to develop along with withdrawal reactions during abrupt or rapid discontinuation. In the USA, alprazolam is a schedule IV controlled substance under the Controlled Substances

Alprazolam has a relatively high potential for recreational use.Injection of alprazolam, though extremely rare, is considered especially dangerous by medical professionals because, when crushed in water it will not fully dissolve (40 µg/ml of H2O at pH 7, and 12 mg/mL at pH 1.2), potentially causing severe damage to arteries if not filtered properly. While it is somewhat soluble in alcohol, the combination of the two, particularly when injected, has the potential to cause a serious, and potentially fatal, overdose. Alprazolam may also be insufflated. However, long-term use of benzodiazepines does not usually result in notable dose escalation, and most prescribed alprazolam users do not use their medication recreationally.

Alprazolam is sometimes used with other recreational drugs to relieve the panic or distress of dysphoric reactions to psychedelics such as LSD, and also to promote sleep in the "come-down" period following use of recreational drugs with stimulant or insomniac properties (such as LSD, cocaine, amphetamines, DXM, and MDMA, along with the related amphetamines). It is also often used in conjunction with marijuana or heroin to potentiate the relaxing effect.

That's from Wiki.

My personal opinion on Alprazolam AKA Xanax is that it works great for what its supposed to be used for.
The recreational effects aren't that great unless combined with other drugs which is dangerous.
Its not worth getting addicted to.
I currently take 2mgs o xanax 3 times daily for severe anxiety,
and panic attacks.
I also stopped taking them because I felt like a zombie and I had Panic attacks, more anxiety, insomnia, pains everywhere, hot and cold flushes, headaches, fatigue, hallucinations, and tremors.
I only stopped for a half a day, and when I took more I overdosed and took 8mg's and passed out for like 18 hours.
Not fun at all.
Take advise from someone who once took xanax recreationally and now HAS to take it to live.
Its fun when used in moderation.
Dependence is not fun.
Make sure you have enough self-discipline before you try it.
I wouldnt use it more than two days in a row.
Dependence comes quick.

I would start out with .5 mgs first.
If you don't feel anything then,
move up to 1mg and if still you don't then,
move to 1.25mg and so on till 2mg.

If you don't feel anything at 2mgs then you don't need to take it.
The first time I took 2mgs I passed out.
Second time, I couldn't walk without stumbling, and slurred alot.
Third time, I just felt good and relaxed.

It's more a helpful drug than a recreational one.
Shrimpo
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Shrimpo »

OK WOW... uhhh this really makes me think of why so many of my friends in school use Xanax and talk about it likes its a Tootsie Roll. Now I have no reason to try it other than falling asleep after taking my meds (Amphetamine). Well thanks. :-D
lucidthoughts
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by lucidthoughts »

Shrimpo wrote:OK WOW... uhhh this really makes me think of why so many of my friends in school use Xanax and talk about it likes its a Tootsie Roll. Now I have no reason to try it other than falling asleep after taking my meds (Amphetamine). Well thanks. :-D
Your welcome.
They talk about it like its a tootsie roll because they don't know the dangers.

Kava Kava is way better than xanax and its legal and natural.
For anxiety, relaxation, euphoria, and insomnia.
You should check it out.
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

I went to OC looking around for Salvia (illegal now in OC) and a guy pulled out a bag of something that he said was "the same effect" as salvia. I read the back of the bag, and it was just lemon flavored kava :P

Just sharing a story. Should I have bought the kava? Is it any good?
blackplague
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by blackplague »

kava has similar effects as valium... i love how calming it is in high doses.. it's really relaxing.

and xanax I like those too just not in high doses i usually take a xanax bar and some caffeine to keep me awake and enjoy the relaxation.
MattMan
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by MattMan »

I-doser has a kava dose aswell ,

http://i-doser.com/storev3/index.php?ma ... cts_id=279

It works quite well with condition. :-)
Shrimpo
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Shrimpo »

I do drink KavaKava on those stressful days as a tea. I buy the Yogi Stress Releif tea that have Kavalactones(30%) at 23.4 mg each 8fl oz tea. I guess I would need a higher dosage to experience euphoria.... So far I usually drink 2 tea bags. once I drank 4 but just drowsy... thanks for all the posts!
rabbithands
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by rabbithands »

I have powdered kava kava (purple sticky brand). I've tried it, and it's never worked for me. I put it in cold grape juice, since i heard that heat destroys the kavalactone proteins(?) - Nothing. Has anybody used this brand? Am I supposed to use the whole package?