Common Questions Answered

Share dose experiences
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

There are a lot of questions going on around the forum with people asking if their headphones that they are using will work for them, what they should concentrate on, how they should dose, what doses are great for beginners, and the list goes on and on. I hope this thread sets a lot of these questions to rest.

1. Will these headphones work?
Yes; as long as they aren't the standard iPod earbuds, they should work. These files are several kilobits large; the size is not able to compress extremely high frequencies in several kilobits, thus you should not worry about specifications, because most everything works. I suggest spending at least $10 on a pair of over-ear headphones. If thats too much, don't spend any less than $5. Don't go out and buy headphones, if you already have a decent pair of earbuds. I used $40 earbuds for the longest time, and they worked fine. Headphones are suggested because they are less detrimental to your hearing.

2. When will I get effects?
It all depends on the dose. Most doses will produce effects during the dose, with "after effects" lasting after the dose. One example is the marijuanaQH. Shortly after 50% through the effects will hit you, and can last up to (or exceed) 45 minutes, (however, new users don't be surprised if it only lasts 5-10 minutes the first several times) Other doses, like A-bomb will produce effects during the dose, but will have minimal after effects, sometimes only lasting 5 minutes. Some doses, like Diet+ will not have immediate effects. It may take time before you notice Diet+ affecting your diet. You wan't to try out different doses and find out what they do.

3. Do I-Doser MP3's work?
It depends on what you mean. The mp3's produced by I-doser are tested and are supposed to work. I purchased the Recreation Simulations 1 CD, and 2/4 doses on the CD worked for me. I would say that the MP3's I-doser make work. However, conversion to MP3 is another thing. I beleive that mp3 is a very lossy format, and if you directly convert a drg to mp3 then you will be missing a lot of the frequencies available on the drg format. It's best to just stick with drg's in most cases, because there is more of a market.

4. What do I concentrate on?
It's best to use a concentration technique, like randomly picking a high 3 digit number and slowly counting backwards from that number. You could also count your breaths, count your pulse, or make up your own concentration technique. If you concentrate on one thing for too long, such as the sounds, you will slowly start to drift off and day dream. "Distracting" yourself with a concentration technique will keep your mind aware and you will be able to "concentrate" on the sounds and not daydream. The concentration technique method seems to work the best method I have used.

5. What Should I be Hearing?
If you purchased your doses you're hearing what everyone else is hearing (as long as you don't have one of your headphones clogged or something) All doses sound different, but generally you will hear a different tone in each ear, that kind of "zoom" in and out, backed by pink noise. If you pirated your doses (shame shame) then you are hearing something completely different than everyone else, and your doses probably don't work.

6. Am I Immune?
No. You're not immune.

7. I've been dosing for 3 days, and still no results...what's up with that?
Despite doing everything right to get a dose working, for some reason our brains don't accept binaural beats initially. Some people are lucky and they are originally susceptible to the beats, but most of us are originally unsusceptible; that means we need to be patient for I-Doser/binaural beats to start working. It takes some people up to a month to get doses working. It took me 2 weeks to get a dose working. You need to have patience, because eventually I-Doser will work for you.

8. Is there a I-Doser application for MAC?
Nope. I-Doser claims that they are not going to be producing a Mac application. Only 1/10 of computer users use Mac, so it is not very beneficial to I-doser to develop a new program. You could use WINE to run I-Doser on a Mac.

Thats all for now. Any more questions can be added as responses.
-cameraboirzu
blackplague
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by blackplague »

Great post, it should be a sticky..
Maybe there wont be as many posts saying "am i immune" or "it doesn't work" and all of that.
Bloodbane424
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Bloodbane424 »

I remember being disappointed that I got zero to little effects in the first month. Then it started working and made me happy.
sola2005
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by sola2005 »

lol i was happy to hear any headphones will work but then you said EXCEPT for the iPOD earphones i was all like, damn....ironic i know. thanks for helping me with idoser more than 1k posts wow
420master
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by 420master »

nice post, this will probably become a sticky :D
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

420master wrote:nice post, this will probably become a sticky :D
I hope :)
Does anyone know any other questions that people are asking?
blackplague
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by blackplague »

People often ask what is the best "beginner dose"
If i think of any more I'll post that as well.
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

blackplague wrote:People often ask what is the best "beginner dose"
If i think of any more I'll post that as well.
That's a good one.
Admins can we sticky this?