Quality of Doses?

Get user supplied support
bhspet
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Quality of Doses?

Post by bhspet »

Hello Folks,
Just ran across this site, and products today. I am familiar with sound therapy, Binaural, No expert but know the ins and outs well enough.
I downloaded the player, and got some of the free downloads. Problem is on playback some sound "scratchy", or stop/start, this type of behaviour. Just wondering if it could be the audio files or my Laptop. It's an older IBM, but has never given me problems on playback of music, or any audio file types, unless of course they were corrupt somehow. I've been scanning thru the forum, read about illegal downloads so I know thats not the problem. The Opium dose is really messed up..unless of course it's supposed to sound like a scratchy record at times....
I only have a 700 mhgz processor...could other applications running cause this?
Any help appreciated..oh..Also use Win.2000Pro with 256 ram.

Later!
idoser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by idoser »

The white noise (static) is the carrier tone and required for all the binaural doses we produce. It is the constant while the separate tones in each ear combine for the effects.
bhspet
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by bhspet »

Thanks but that part I understand,...white noise, pink, etc. This is like taking a needle on a turntable and dragging it across a record...that type of noise. Plus it "skips" sections...then plays fine.
Like the 5HTP..the first minute or so are really messed up, bouncy, stopping, then finally settles into what I guess are the normal tones of the recording..with the scratchy sound here and there.
I just don't see these as being part of the original recordings and just want to know if I need to change some settings on my computer. My headphones work fine, and as far as I know everything else, hardware/software wise is ok too. I would like to try some others out but if the purchased ones aren't any better quality on this laptop than the free one then I'd be wasting my money.
bhspet
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by bhspet »

Ever feel like you're being ignored...heh...still can't get the program to play right. I have a different type of program that does similar types of binaural sounds and it works fine. Just wondering if maybe I got a corrupt download somehow or something...would still be interested if they will play correctly.
I'm an old head from way back and it looks interesting...
bhspet
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by bhspet »

oh well...guess no one that knows is around on the weekends huh?
Shadow21
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Shadow21 »

Since your computer only has 256mb of ram the background programs/processes could be taking up most of the memory and when you open up the iDoser program it probably makes the computer go really slow which would make the doses go really slow and stop and start.

I'd recommend stopping any of the programs/processes that your computer doesn't need before you open iDoser.
bhspet
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by bhspet »

Hey,
Thanks..tried what ya suggested...made sure noting but essentials were running in the background, watched my RAM meter and my task manager just to see what it was doing...the most ram that was used at any given time by the I-Doser was 3Mgb. Processor wasn't running near as much as with some other programs. Still cut on/off with the static/scratchy sounds in the three I tried tonite...Opium, Content, and 5HTP1. Wonder if I uninstalled, or re-downloaded the installer or the drg files? If that might make a difference. Like I said I know the sounds at different pitches/combination's do affect your body/mind...I enjoy using other versions that don't claim anywhere near the experinces I-Doser does but I don't doubt it's possibility. I ain't giving up yet...heh.
bhspet
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by bhspet »

Ok...guess my question either can't be answered or isn'r important...later...
Th3_uN1Qu3
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Th3_uN1Qu3 »

The I-Doser app is written in Visual Basic and thus very buggy and more CPU intensive than really needed. There are other ways to listen to your doses you know. But i won't say them here coz i'm not allowed. Some clever searching teh gowgle will lead you to them though.
Shadow21
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Shadow21 »

Th3_uN1Qu3 wrote:There are other ways to listen to your doses you know. But i won't say them here coz i'm not allowed. Some clever searching teh gowgle will lead you to them though.
I was trying to tell him that but my post got deleted lol. I thought we just weren't allowed to tell how to do it but I guess not because I didn't even say how to do it in my post and it still got deleted. lol
verrsili
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by verrsili »

My friend had this problem, he just figured out his headphones were causing it