Headphones Setup

Share dose experiences
kingcobra
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Headphones Setup

Post by kingcobra »

I went to the ask the admin section and found a lot of questions about headphones. My advice would be to get the best ones you can afford. Just like great headphones will enhance your experiences listening to music, it will also enhance listening to doses.

I mostly use a pair of high end Sennheser phones on my computer and have a pair of studio Beats for my mp3. The key for me though is the Creative software that I have on both my computer and my MP3 (Creative Zen). Creative X-Fi just blows everything else away. You do have to tweak it though but the rule of thumb is, find what makes music sound best and just go with that with your dosing.

Whatever you have though, you can't really go wrong with quality and if there's headphones you are thinking of getting, always try them out first. The better they sound, the more pleasure they will give you with dosing.
MS-DOSE
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Re: Headphones Setup

Post by MS-DOSE »

In my opinion its not even worth a section. Don't get me wrong but there are so many people asking the same question wich has been anwsered many times. And the doses will work with any earplugs, it doesn't matter wich brand it is.

I dont understand why people think they need to have the best headset in order to get the dose working. They should practice more on how they need to focus on the dose, believe me if you know how to do that every dose will work for you with normal earplugs.

I'm using my iPod with the standard iPodplugs (how ever you call them), as far as I know, every dose did work. No fancy headset or EQ setting, just me, my iPOD and the dose. Thats it, people should keep it simple, and practice focusing.
SadLittlePony
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by SadLittlePony »

MS-DOSE is right you can get away with just about any headphones but he does one thing I do not recommend and that is using the standard iBuds. One they are highly recommended against by IDoser and I think this is why. The quality headphones have an easier time producing low range sounds at the same volume as high range sounds. So you dont have static overpowering the beat at all. If you are using iBuds (I have done this and I know what I am talking about) You have to turn the volume a lot higher to get the beat at a comfortable level then when the static or white noise comes in its deafening and ear drum shattering loud because the small size of the speaker is more apt to produce these sounds. This is why IDoser encourages you to get quality headphones but you dont need to bay hundreds of dollars for your headphones. You can even get away with some of those skull candy ear buds for $10 bucks because they have a nice full range of sound. Key words FULL RANGE
manduck
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by manduck »

MS-DOSE wrote:Don't get me wrong but there are so many people asking the same question wich has been anwsered many times.

I dont understand why people think they need to have the best headset in order to get the dose working.

bc there are lot of people who try this stuff and when there is no result then they think it might be something wrong with their headphone or may be media-player or may be .......

But I have came to a conclusion that its all about a focus, if you lack focus then success rate is very low otherwise you will get the results at very first experience.

and for focus there is no remedy except the practice and patience and time.
Backspacez
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Backspacez »

I hate to kind of single out the admin here but that link I-doser.com/mobile, the one where he tells you to buy headphones, he gets compensation for linking you there. They aren't "official binaural beats headphones". The way I see it, if you use a pair of headphones that pose better sound, you'll likely get better effects. You don't need Denon MD5000's to feel a dose. While 20$ crap SkullCandy headphones will likely be competent, your better off with a good pair of over ear headphones.
SadLittlePony
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by SadLittlePony »

Like I said. I use Skull Candy Uprocks from time to time. But I definitely agree to avoid headphones like iBuds because they have been know to damage hearing and with prolonged use of a Dose you are likely to get injured.
kingcobra
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by kingcobra »

Yeah a good sound card is definitely worth getting. Unless you have crap headphones, your sound card will have a bigger effect on things actually.