Recomended Headphones?

Get user supplied support
Pipemania
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Recomended Headphones?

Post by Pipemania »

I was wondering why this site recomends those fancy 110$ Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones. Is there any reason other than they possibly have some sort of partnership with that company?

I mean they are wireless and that seems to be why they cost so much but that doesnt do me a whole lot of good if im just gonna be lying in bed anyway. I can just bring my laptop over to my bed and hook some headphones into it.

The frequency range of those fancy headphones is 18-21,000hz. Doesnt i-doser use really low frequencies, like in the 0-30hz range? Am i completely off in thinking that? Because if they only start picking up signals at 18hz then theyd be missing out on more than half the frequencies.

Also i got a pair of headphones the other day for 4$ that get between 18-22,0000hz. So whats the reason for those fancy headphones? I would like to get some real good headphones to make this work the best that it can but im not gonna go drop 100$ without knowing what makes them so much more amazzing
thethreemoons
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Re: Recomended Headphones?

Post by thethreemoons »

Pipemania wrote:I was wondering why this site recomends those fancy 110$ Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones. Is there any reason other than they possibly have some sort of partnership with that company?

I mean they are wireless and that seems to be why they cost so much but that doesnt do me a whole lot of good if im just gonna be lying in bed anyway. I can just bring my laptop over to my bed and hook some headphones into it.

The frequency range of those fancy headphones is 18-21,000hz. Doesnt i-doser use really low frequencies, like in the 0-30hz range? Am i completely off in thinking that? Because if they only start picking up signals at 18hz then theyd be missing out on more than half the frequencies.

Also i got a pair of headphones the other day for 4$ that get between 18-22,0000hz. So whats the reason for those fancy headphones? I would like to get some real good headphones to make this work the best that it can but im not gonna go drop 100$ without knowing what makes them so much more amazzing
apparantly they are the headphones they use themselves when making and testing the doses, so would probably be ideal thats why :P
sendbib
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by sendbib »

I think the low frequencies that idoser uses are just the differences between the two frequencies in the righ and left head phones. We aren't even capable of hearing that low.
-Almost
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by -Almost »

I-Doser uses an offset.

To get such as, 4hz, you play an 100hz tone in one ear and 104hz tone in the other. Making an offset of 4hz.

Don't worry about frequency response.
Pipemania
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by Pipemania »

Yeah that makes sense. I was wondering how they did that because ive never seen headphones that go below 18hz, although im no headphone guru.

So then all that really matters is the quality of sound coming from the headphones. Im sure that its possible to buy headphones that have just as clear of a sound as the recommended ones that arent wireless, making them considerably cheaper. Ill try doing that

Does anybody have some suggestions? Im not really trying to spend more than like 30 or so dollars

Thanks for the clarification and (hopefully) good input for a cheaper alternative
Against
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by Against »

These are the headphones that I use.
I got them on sale for 30 dollars, i think they are 60 some places not sure.

They are Sony MDR-XDR200. Very lightweight, comfy, A very long cord (10ft) and has good sound quality.

But those sens. Look very good, if I would have some extra bucks I would pick them up
coolguy11
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by coolguy11 »

Logitech Stealth Headphones. You could get them for 20 bucks and they sound great, has great noise cancelling effects, and no sound leakage. They produce a nice rich deep sound, I tried Out of Body with these headphones and it worked.
Xela
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by Xela »

I have the Sennheisers and let me tell you they are great the only thing I don't like is if there is no sound going through my soundcard it assumes nothing is on and decides to turn its self off, but it had 3 really annoying loud beeping noises before it does.
(_ambda (v)an
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by (_ambda (v)an »

Panasonic RP-HC150. got these for 50. theyre awesome. noise cancelling. really comfortable. they fold up. really nice bass for the low hums. regardless you still have to concentrate whether theyre good or not just like any other pair.