User-Confirmed Working Headphones

Get user supplied support
sugarvixen
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

User-Confirmed Working Headphones

Post by sugarvixen »

I doubt this will stop future questions whether a new user's headphones will work with I-Doser, but if you know of any other specific headphones that work (other than the official approved list), please post it here for convenience for others. While there may not be an exact match to search for the new user, this can help those who want more options. I haven't confirmed for sure whether any of mine work (since my results are not consistent), so unfortunately, I can't be the first to post (hopefully I will be able to in the near future, but I need to practice more)
PiCiNk0
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Re: User-Confirmed Working Headphones

Post by PiCiNk0 »

Yes, this is really great idea but it needs to be more visible to new users, because what I think they do is click on I-Doser Support make new topic and ask that type of question, so if it would have that nice exclamation mark like "NO EFFECTS? READ THIS FIRST!" topic they would probably read it...

Headphones I saw was confirmed by other users was:
Skullcandy Uprocks
Skullcandy Aviator
Skullcandy earbuds (I think they're called Ink'd)
Philips SHS390/27
Philips SHE6000/28
Astro A40 Professional Gaming Headset

I personally use Uprocks, Skullcandy earbuds and some earbuds from tesco for about 10 dollars, and i can say they works great.
simonwellander
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by simonwellander »

My Sony MDR-XB500 works very well. Super comfortable and the sound quality is very good considering the low price.
Premysl
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Premysl »

Has anyone got experiences with Sennheiser HD 202 II headphones, please?
I have read some reviews and these got excellent rating. Users (eg. DJs) say the quality of sound is compared to many high-end headphones.
SpaceMiNd
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by SpaceMiNd »

The only thing you need to worry about I-Dosing with phones, since I-Doser works mainly between the 50-300 frequency range (this is normally the bass frequency range), just look into bass focused head phones, since you will be being DJ headphones they will be fine for I-Dosing.
Happy Dosing - SpaceMiNd
PcBuilder
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by PcBuilder »

Make sure they aren't the noise cancelling phones and even if they are have the setting turned off if it gives you the option. What happens with most noise cancelling headphones is the small white noise in the background to cancel out all outside noises and because of the frequencies this will mess up the dose or render completely useless.

Headphones that work tested on my own time :

Scullcandy Hesh Supreme
Scullcandy Hesh 2.0
Skullcandy Titan
Gamescom 780 USB Gaming Headset
Gamescom 777 3.5mm
Gamescome 377 3.5mm
Fatal1ty Gaming Headset 3.5mm

The ones that worked the best were the 780's and Fatal1ty's. The Gamescom's were a lot better when it comes to the effect on the dose but with the driver software included you must disable your Dolby surround and keep it at stereo. Surround will give you no effects since the program wasn't designed for more than two speakers so that is another thing to keep in mind when using .drg's. If you decide to buy the 780's they work through USB only which is perfect for listening to doses or PC gaming, I found it to be a good choice but it is up to you on what you prefer.
nummycookies
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by nummycookies »

has anybody yet to successfully dose using (PLATTAN) urbanears?
blade12775
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by blade12775 »

I've had success with a Turtle Beach PX3
nekoboi
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by nekoboi »

SpaceMiNd wrote:The only thing you need to worry about I-Dosing with phones, since I-Doser works mainly between the 50-300 frequency range (this is normally the bass frequency range), just look into bass focused head phones, since you will be being DJ headphones they will be fine for I-Dosing.
Happy Dosing - SpaceMiNd
50-300 frequency range, is that what I should look for in headphones?
SadLittlePony
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by SadLittlePony »

PiCiNk0 wrote:Yes, this is really great idea but it needs to be more visible to new users, because what I think they do is click on I-Doser Support make new topic and ask that type of question, so if it would have that nice exclamation mark like "NO EFFECTS? READ THIS FIRST!" topic they would probably read it...

Headphones I saw was confirmed by other users was:
Skullcandy Uprocks
Skullcandy Aviator
Skullcandy earbuds (I think they're called Ink'd)
Philips SHS390/27
Philips SHE6000/28
Astro A40 Professional Gaming Headset

I personally use Uprocks, Skullcandy earbuds and some earbuds from tesco for about 10 dollars, and i can say they works great.
Hey if you happen to have a link to my thread with the list in it you should post it cause I have no idea where I posted it :p
xanthier
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by xanthier »

I like this thread because I'm in the market for some gaming headphones and I'd like to kill 2 birds with one stone. Has anyone tried the Turtle Beach X12 with success?
SadLittlePony
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by SadLittlePony »

I do not recommend any of the turtle series. I used to be a professional gamer and those turtles just didnt cut it. Try finding a pair of Astro A30s if your looking for great gaming headphones and dont want to pay a lot. But stay away from the turtles. The quality is just so poor.
xanthier
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by xanthier »

Thanks Sad, to my rescue again! This is what I feared so it's good to hear from the horse's mouth once and for all, or in your case, pony. Sometimes a company is aggressive with their marketing, but the product doesn't stand up to the promises, I think that is the case here. I will check into those Astros for sure.

I really enjoy spending time on this forum, everyone has been very helpful. Other places you can get rude and indifferent responses to the point that I'm afraid to ask a "stupid" question. You guys rock!
Premysl
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Premysl »

What about MAJOR BLACK headphones from Marshall..

TRANSDUCER 40mm MOVING COIL DYNAMIC SPEAKER
IMPEDANCE 32 Ω
SENSITIVITY 100mV@1kHz = 98.9dB SPL
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 20Hz~20kHz
WBCV 92mV

The sound is very good. The frequency seem to be all right.
DrDjWoRkS
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by DrDjWoRkS »

Does this mean,that headphones with 10-20000Hz frequency wont give any experience?(Koss The Plug) Btw i am new here so no experience with this. :)