Astral projection 1st time

Get user supplied support
Pzwned
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Astral projection 1st time

Post by Pzwned »

I'm fairly new to I-dosing and want to try astral projection for real. I've tried it before but nothing really happened. I felt a little hypnotized and my body got tense but nothing really happened. I would really like to travel to the astral plane so any tips would be appreciated, thanks!

Also a quick question about the headphones I'm using- they are sennheiser noise cancelling over the ear. I looked at the approved list but was just wondering if this specific kind was good to go. I assume they are but just wanna be safe. I also have a pair of skull candy regular earbuds. Again thanks!
StealthTheUnknown
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Re: Astral projection 1st time

Post by StealthTheUnknown »

I cannot help you with the headphones. For me, all work pretty well. The only problem I see with cheap headphones or earbuds is distortion or poor sound quality. If the sound is too distorted, or of poor quality, the beats may not be as well defined.

Now, on I go with another of my lengthy, detailed descriptions, this one regarding astral projections, also commonly called an out of body experience.

Astral projections are not an easy thing to accomplish...at least with knowlege of being in the astral plane. What I mean by this is that the majority of your dreams occur here, which is why the dreams may seem weird once you wake up. The astral plane is arguably an altered dimension of consciousness, and is theorized by some to be a path to heaven, and a temporary stop after death. There are three planes that we as humans can access while alive. They are the physical plane, astral plane, and the Buddhic plane. There are a total of seven planes, but only the first three are acessible. The highest plane is heaven. But what you are worried about now is the Astral plane. Mentally, we all have all the necessary understanding to reach this dimension. All we need to get here is a way to get in. The most effective method is to directly enter through meditation or self hypnosis. This is, however, the hardest way, though being the most consistent. The way I learned was to lucid dream. This is easily done with practicing reality checks whenever possible, checking for things that you know are not probable in the physical plane. Can you see through your hand, or push a finger through it without pain? Does the setting of the dream seem too vague or too detailed to be real? Or, simply ask yourself if you are asleep. Form the habit of reality checks, as a habit in the physical world carries over into your dreams. Once you are lucid dreaming, stay calm. If you can remain lucid, try to enter the astral plane. Most likely, you will already be there.

Now I will outline how to directly enter the astral plane whilst being lucid in the first place.

Get into a comfortable laying position, and meditate or self hypnotize, and induce a state of intense relaxation. Once you get to the point where you feel sleep paralysis, you are almost there. All you have to do is start imagining yourself performing some kind of motion that gives the sensation of leaving your physical self. Keep performing this motion, all while maintaining a wake mind but sleeping body. Eventually you will feel a vibration that can feel similar to an earthquake. Do not be frightened, that is your thought wave energies manifesting themselves into a reality of their own. Eventually you will sort of fly into the astral plane. There you go!

Now, a word of caution. You may see some frightening manifestations of flaws in your personality. Do not startle at their appearance. They are simply the flaws in your personality separating from you. When you see them, imagine youself destroying them (I will leave the methods of destruction up to you and your imagination). The real purpose of astral travel is a moral cleanse or recovery of some insight. Do as much as you can to do these. It will be of great benefit in the end.

Well, that just about sums everything up! Let us know how things go. I believe we do have a section for this. Thank you!
Pzwned
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Pzwned »

StealthTheUnknown wrote:I cannot help you with the headphones. For me, all work pretty well. The only problem I see with cheap headphones or earbuds is distortion or poor sound quality. If the sound is too distorted, or of poor quality, the beats may not be as well defined.

Now, on I go with another of my lengthy, detailed descriptions, this one regarding astral projections, also commonly called an out of body experience.

Astral projections are not an easy thing to accomplish...at least with knowlege of being in the astral plane. What I mean by this is that the majority of your dreams occur here, which is why the dreams may seem weird once you wake up. The astral plane is arguably an altered dimension of consciousness, and is theorized by some to be a path to heaven, and a temporary stop after death. There are three planes that we as humans can access while alive. They are the physical plane, astral plane, and the Buddhic plane. There a
re a total of seven planes, but only the first three are acessible. The highest plane is heaven. But what you are worried about now is the Astral plane. Mentally, we all have all the necessary understanding to reach this dimension. All we need to get here is a way to get in. The most effective method is to directly enter through meditation or self hypnosis. This is, however, the hardest way, though being the most consistent. The way I learned was to lucid dream. This is easily done with practicing reality checks whenever possible, checking for things that you know are not probable in the physical plane. Can you see through your hand, or push a finger through it without pain? Does the setting of the dream seem too vague or too detailed to be real? Or, simply ask yourself if you are asleep. Form the habit of reality checks, as a habit in the physical world carries over into your dreams. Once you are lucid dreaming, stay calm. If you can remain lucid, try to enter the astral plane. Most likely, you will already be there.

Now I will outline how to directly enter the astral plane whilst being lucid in the first place.

Get into a comfortable laying position, and meditate or self hypnotize, and induce a state of intense relaxation. Once you get to the point where you feel sleep paralysis, you are almost there. All you have to do is start imagining yourself performing some kind of motion that gives the sensation of leaving your physical self. Keep performing this motion, all while maintaining a wake mind but sleeping body. Eventually you will feel a vibration that can feel similar to an earthquake. Do not be frightened, that is your thought wave energies manifesting themselves into a reality of their own. Eventually you will sort of fly into the astral plane. There you go!

Now, a word of caution. You may see some frightening manifestations of flaws in your personality. Do not startle at their appearance. They are simply the flaws in your personality separating from you. When you see them, imagine youself destroying them (I will leave the methods of destruction up to you and your imagination). The real purpose of astral travel is a moral cleanse or recovery of some insight. Do as much as you can to do these. It will be of great benefit in the end.

Well, that just about sums everything up! Let us know how things go. I believe we do have a section for this. Thank you!

Sweet thanks! I've seen your description around the Internet but its nice to hear it from someone. I've decided to practice every night. Last night I was at the end of the dose and my body twitched so hard that it shook me awake. Couldn't tell if it was the vibrations beginning or just a twitch. Also would it matter if I'm using the iPhone app version Instead of the pc version? I would like to use the pc version but I don't wanna pay for ones I already have on the app.
StealthTheUnknown
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Actually, the pc version is optimal, but the iphone session should be effective as well. If you were to have I-Doser Premium, you would export the astral projection AND out of body session, as well as condition. Since you do not, just add the three session to your slipstream in this order: condition, out of body, and astral. Personally, I prefer to listen to an abstract-style meditation song when projecting. I can therefore lay comfortably without the fear of getting tangled up in my headphones, using a speaker to play the song. I have experimented with adding monaurals or isochronics to the music, with a mid-high Theta frequency. I do find these work, but the beating sound of monaurals and Isochronics tend to be distracting or aggravating because of their high difference in volume between the dips and peaks of each wave. Thise is especially true with isochronics, as they do not transfer smoothly between dip and peak. I do resort to turning the gain down for these to combat the irritation, but they still do not have the smooth, relaxing sound of binaurals. However, they have the option of being played through a speaker, which is what I am after when trying to project. Binaurals do not. In short, each method has it's merit, but binaurals tend to be optimal for comfortable sound.

The vibrations you felt, could you describe them a bit more? If they felt like a moderate earthquake in intensity, then you were experiencing the vibrational stage of projection. These vibrations should feel as much outside of you that they do inside. If you were twitching badly, which I doubt, then you were not. Remember, it is absolutely essential to remain lucid throughout the process of projection (if you are using the direct method). If, however, you decide to uslucid dreaming as an approach, then learn that first.
Pzwned
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Pzwned »

The
StealthTheUnknown wrote:Actually, the pc version is optimal, but the iphone session should be effective as well. If you were to have I-Doser Premium, you would export the astral projection AND out of body session, as well as condition. Since you do not, just add the three session to your slipstream in this order: condition, out of body, and astral. Personally, I prefer to listen to an abstract-style meditation song when projecting. I can therefore lay comfortably without the fear of getting tangled up in my headphones, using a speaker to play the song. I have experimented with adding monaurals or isochronics to the music, with a mid-high Theta frequency. I do find these work, but the beating sound of monaurals and Isochronics tend to be distracting or aggravating because of their high difference in volume between the dips and peaks of each wave. Thise is especially true with isochronics, as they do not transfer smoothly between dip and peak. I do resort to turning the gain down for these to combat the irritation, but they still do not have the smooth, relaxing sound of binaurals. However, they have the option of being played through a speaker, which is what I am after when trying to project. Binaurals do not. In short, each method has it's merit, but binaurals tend to be optimal for comfortable sound.

The vibrations you felt, could you describe them a bit more? If they felt like a moderate earthquake in intensity, then you were experiencing the vibrational stage of projection. These vibrations should feel as much outside of you that they do inside. If you were twitching badly, which I doubt, then you were not. Remember, it is absolutely essential to remain lucid throughout the process of projection (if you are using the direct method). If, however, you decide to uslucid dreaming as an approach, then learn that first.
vibration wasn't really a vibration at all. It was one violent shake and snapped me out of concentration. Yesterday afternoon I was dosing and my vision with my eyes closed starting flashing. Not sure if that was anything. But I'm definitely getting the concentration part down it's become a lot easier to clear my mind now that I've been practicing.
StealthTheUnknown
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Just keep practicing. It took me years to get a stable projection.
StealthTheUnknown
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Also, just an added though. That twitch you describe could have been the result of falling asleep, realizing it, and startling awake. Try to maintain lucidity throughout the attempted projection. Kind of chant to yourself, " mind awake, body asleep". That should help you maintain an awake theta state.
Pzwned
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Pzwned »

StealthTheUnknown wrote:Also, just an added though. That twitch you describe could have been the result of falling asleep, realizing it, and startling awake. Try to maintain lucidity throughout the attempted projection. Kind of chant to yourself, " mind awake, body asleep". That should help you maintain an awake theta state.
So I was projecting tonight and I could feel vibrations slowly settle in. They startled me at first and snapped me out of concentration but I persisted through it and got back into it. So I let the vibrations take over me but I heard a voice and it scared me shitless and broke all my concentration. So I guess I'm getting close but voices freak me out. Ill keep trying though
StealthTheUnknown
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Pzwned wrote:
StealthTheUnknown wrote:Also, just an added though. That twitch you describe could have been the result of falling asleep, realizing it, and startling awake. Try to maintain lucidity throughout the attempted projection. Kind of chant to yourself, " mind awake, body asleep". That should help you maintain an awake theta state.
So I was projecting tonight and I could feel vibrations slowly settle in. They startled me at first and snapped me out of concentration but I persisted through it and got back into it. So I let the vibrations take over me but I heard a voice and it scared me shitless and broke all my concentration. So I guess I'm getting close but voices freak me out. Ill keep trying though
The voices, honestly, are your psyche. My observation is: everyone's psyche initially hates them, and prevents us from transcending metaphysical limitations. Projection is the best way I know of to befriend the psychic mind. Don't fear it, embrace it. It will attempt to scare you. Do not let it do so. Your greatest enemy when projecting is actually your best friend.