Does the SPICE really flow?

Share dose experiences
iSlideUp
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Does the SPICE really flow?

Post by iSlideUp »

Dune is definitely in my top 5 books of all time and I was led to it by the miniseries rendition that was released in 2000 that I absolutely loved, so when I saw the SPICE MELANGE dose I HAD to try it.

Now today was my second attempt: yesterday I was really tired and while I didn't fall asleep the affects were nothing compared to today. So I didn't have huge expectations as I lay back in the seat of my car and pulled on the headphones. After a CONDITION dose, I hear the ethereal background music (I've got the mp3) and I start counting down from 1000. I don't feel much for the first few minutes but then about halfway through I start getting what I call the electrifying feeling. Most of the doses I've tried have some version of this feeling but somehow the each feel a little different. It's hard to explain, but if you've ever accidentally bumped into an electric fence (not a major one, but the dinky ones that they put around horse and cow pastures, etc.) it is a very similar feeling. A few minutes later, the BB really starts amping up and my heart starts racing, my breath coming in short, quick bursts. About 12 or 13 minutes in and then the BB races up to a insanely fast rate. My heart starts pounding like crazy and I feel like I was moving through space at an impossible speed. Finally, the beat fades to the back and I hear a light male voice that says "listen to the bell, and relax" followed by a bell sound. I immediately feel my body relax and melt into my seat while the bell continues to sound and the voice continues to urge me to relax. I open my eyes afterwards and feel completely exhilarated, but simultaneously totally tranquil. Like I just went skydiving but yet now moments later I'm completely serene.

If you've read the book or seen either of the movies you'll understand that they really did accomplish what taking the spice is supposed to feel like. This is definitely going to be a frequent flyer for me (yes, that lame pun was intended).

However, I did use the mp3 version. I would have loved to have experienced it for a full 30 minutes, but I felt the music, bell and accompanying voice were helpful to the goal and the experience, so I'm curious how the drg and blank background might cause a different affect. I plan on getting the drg as soon as I can get windows installed on one of my machines (I'm a Linux guy...) so I'll report back afterwards as to the differences. But the mp3 version definitely gets a 10/10!

Paul Atreides signing off. Yes, the spice DOES flow ;)

P.S. If you haven't read the book, I highly recommend it-simply amazing.