What part of the beat am I supposed to focus on?

Get user supplied support
ZeroHour
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

What part of the beat am I supposed to focus on?

Post by ZeroHour »

Not really sure which part of the beat I'm supposed to focus on here. The static part or the tone?
f12button
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by f12button »

The tone, you should hear a pulsating sound -- that's what you focus on.
ZeroHour
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by ZeroHour »

Thanks for the quick reply f12! I normally just try to listen to the beat as a whole, but then end up getting confused about whether or not I'm supposed to be focusing on a certain part. Thanks for clearing the tonal part up.

Btw, do you know why the static is there if you're only supposed to be focusing on the tone?
RobDose
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by RobDose »

i used to focus on the white noise and let the beats pass through me...

but then you will get used to just letting the dose 'flow' on you...
f12button
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by f12button »

I'm guessing the white noise is there just to make the pulsating sound less unpleasant?

Apparently, it's this, but i'm not positive:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_noise
RobDose
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by RobDose »

i'm pretty sure that you have to concentrate on the white noise. the beats are what give you an effect, so if you concentrate too hard on the beats, you just won't get any effects...
silveroaks97
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by silveroaks97 »

f12button wrote:The tone, you should hear a pulsating sound -- that's what you focus on.
Actually, the general consensus among people who study brainwave technology for a living is that if you focus on the tones you'll usually reduce the effects. It's better to focus on the white/pink noise or not to focus on any specific part of the audio and instead just let your mind wander and focus on other things.
Couch
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by Couch »

silveroaks, what are some sites that the experts that you mentioned have posted advice? mabe someone else has good info for those that can't get doses to work
Kingjames88
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by Kingjames88 »

none.

you shouldn't focus on any part of the does in particular.
just let your mind wander... it takes some practice to do nothing. so keep trying!! I can now wander for about 5-10 min which is usually long enough to give me something else to think about.

When the dose starts to kick in, think about what your feeling and any sencations/hallusinations you may be having. that keeps your mind on the does, but not on the beat/pink noice. actually if you think about it your not really thinking about anything.

WHATEVER YOU DO do not think about not thinking... because they your thinking!! :eek:

enjoy
silveroaks97
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by silveroaks97 »

Couch wrote:silveroaks, what are some sites that the experts that you mentioned have posted advice? mabe someone else has good info for those that can't get doses to work
Hi Couch,

You can try this site:
http://www.immrama.org/brainwave.brainwave.html

They have a big section that describes brainwave technology, binaural beats, etc., and they have an email address and also a toll-free phone number so you can call or email them to ask questions. They also have information about EEG readings and neuromapping, with pictures of people's brain activity while listening to the brainwave technology.

You can also try this other company's site. There have been all kinds of research papers published by other people about studies conducted with their brainwave technology:
http://www.hemi-sync.com/store/pages.php?pageid=14

Those are the two companies I'd consider the real industry leaders in brainwave technology and binaural beat research. There are some other decent companies out there but I don't think they publish as much good information.