Perhaps I'm doing something a little different

Get user supplied support
Talryk
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Perhaps I'm doing something a little different

Post by Talryk »

I just picked up the I-Doser yesterday. This evening, just a couple of minutes ago, actually, I tried the ecstasy dose. I'm not quite sure if it worked or not though. I definitely *did* feel something, but it was more like a tingling, like when I'm on nitrous oxide at the dentist or something. It could very well be my headphones, but they've performed pretty well in the past. if it's not the headphones, I've no clue. I followed the instructions: I did it in a dark, quiet place, laid in bed, and didn't move an inch. I focused on the sounds, and I did feel some things. Did I do something wrong though?

This last try would be the fourth dose that I've given a shot. I'm still not completely clear on if I'm doing it right or if it's working. Any clarification or specific tips would be nice. Thanks a bunch.
rollaster
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by rollaster »

From what your saying you didn't get the effects. What kind of effects did you feel :?:

wikipedia it and you'll know for sure :wink:
Talryk
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Talryk »

I didn't feel much. At one point, when the sound started to pick up the pace, I felt a little floaty. Other than that, nothing really.
Mindprober
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Mindprober »

BTW, does it matter if your eyes are open or not?
Talryk
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Talryk »

Mindprober wrote:BTW, does it matter if your eyes are open or not?
I'm not sure. I've read a few things where people say they were up and doing other things at the same time, but the effects are slightly lessened.

As for my own problem, I think I'm not able to completely stop my brain from processing info. My mind is almost always running at a mile a minute, so I'm going to try a few other relaxing things before I try I-Doser again.
AYK_SW
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by AYK_SW »

Mindprober wrote:BTW, does it matter if your eyes are open or not?
Keeping your eyes closed wouldn't hurt, and it helps you concentrate more on the beats than your ceiling. I find whenever I keep my eyes open my mind wanders and I don't get the full effect of the dose. However, if you can manage to keep your mind on the beats, I don't think having your eyes open would be a problem.

But, don't worry about it. Ecstasy was the first I tried, and I had the same result. Try it a few more times, you'll get the hang of it.

For things other than Ecstasy, It really depends. If you have to see it (hallucinations, ect.) keeping your eyes closed would be a good idea (I usually open them ever so often to see if the effects are taking place.) Like stated above, for things you need to feel (ecstasy) I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as you keep your mind on the beats.