Wtf, your idea sucks!!!
17%

Total votes: 24

N1c3
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Mystery...

Post by N1c3 »

Hey guys, I just had an idea, you ever bought any drinks, or candies, or whatever, and there is sometimes, for a limited time, a "Mystery Flavor" included and you have to guess what that mystery flavor is?

Well how about incorporating that idea, into a dose!!
I-Doser will present a nice "Mystery Dose" with a yellow question mark against a black background (or something like that) and we have no idea what the dose is going to do, what its effects will be, what kind of dose it will be, etc..

Plus it would be interesting to see how each individual person responds to the dose, for example, some may take it and feel really dizzy, laugh at everything, cant stop smiling, while another person might take it and feel like they are flying through space, get sucked into a black hole, and can't get out and have the sht scared out of them, while someone else may become very drowsy and just pass out and have all kinds of vivid dreams.

It would also be interesting since it might solve the case of whether I-Doser is a placebo or not, since if 10 people take it and feel different effects, it might be placebo, but if 10 people take it, and 9 people report the same effects, (while having no idea what infact the effects are going to be in the first place) then maybe we can say I-Doser actually isn't a placebo after all (or maybe it is, but who cares really)?

What do you guys think?
Cryptopsy
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Cryptopsy »

That would be a good dose just for messing around and testing placebo, but it would be useless for someone counting on results. If I needed to wake up, or calm down, or see shit, I definitely wouldn't trust a mystery dose because it may do the opposite.
N1c3
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by N1c3 »

Thats the whole point though guys...
it would be a fun dose for you to use when you just want to be suprised and see what the dose does to you!
I mean, hell, you might even experience different effects each time you do the dose, which would be cool cause it would keep you constantly wondering whats gonna happen when you do the dose! :wink:
Phoenixrising23
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Phoenixrising23 »

I would just slip people HoG. Fuck 'em. they need love. ;)
Cryptopsy
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Cryptopsy »

Yeah, I see HOG as the current mystery dose. I never know what that shit is going to do. But a mystery dose really is a pretty good idea, seeing how I-doser already has a bunch of doses that are a lot more pointless.
snowman
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by snowman »

you choose is close to a mystery dose. The effects differ on different users.
UnknownFear
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by UnknownFear »

snowman wrote:you choose is close to a mystery dose. The effects differ on different users.
Does you-choose actually work? like, i read the description and it said it gives the effects of delta, theta, and all the brain frequency doses, but does it actually give you a feel for ALL the doses?
kr3wskater
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by kr3wskater »

at an hour long i'd assume it's 10 minutes in each range, so it probably gives you an ok feel for each one.
Fox
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by Fox »

Very nice idea!
I'd like to see if people got multi reactions.
kdsl
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Great idea!

Post by kdsl »

I was just reading through a forum and thought that a mystery pack might be a good idea, but a mystery dose might be better. Maybe since there are some doses that are way stronger than others they should be labeled, "Mystery Dose - Beginner", "Mystery Dose - Intermediate", "Mystery Dose - Expert". Even if it turns out to be a placebo I wouldn't think that something like that would skew the results. I think that all the spiritual doses including Hand of God and Gates of Hades should not qualify for the mystery doses.
hopesdead
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by hopesdead »

Cryptopsy wrote:That would be a good dose just for messing around and testing placebo, but it would be useless for someone counting on results. If I needed to wake up, or calm down, or see shit, I definitely wouldn't trust a mystery dose because it may do the opposite.
Placebo effect seems to be what creates the sensations for a lot of stuff. If a dose like this could be make that rids a person of such placebo effects, that would be cool. You would be hit with more than you expect.
duckysaurus
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by duckysaurus »

a placebo isn't a bad thing at all, in my opinion. I mean, real effects are awesome, but some placebo effect can boost the effectiveness of a dose.
kdsl
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by kdsl »

duckysaurus wrote:a placebo isn't a bad thing at all, in my opinion. I mean, real effects are awesome, but some placebo effect can boost the effectiveness of a dose.
True, but it does get annoying when people try to use the placebo effect to make the argument that you're weak minded and they're not because it didn't work on them. I don't believe the argument, but I hate it when people try to make themselves feel better by trying to make others feel bad.