How does Gates of Hades work?

Share dose experiences
Rylie
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

How does Gates of Hades work?

Post by Rylie »

I've always wondered. coz it can't ALL be placebo. like, scientifically how does it work to freak everyone out. and why does everyone see demons and crap. or is it just coz the sounds are freaky?
dogmancar
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Re: How does Gates of Hades work?

Post by dogmancar »

Very carefully. haha.

I-doser plays a deferent tone in each ear and your brain shifts from one to the other creating an artificial frequency or binaural beat. The further apart the two are the higher/faster that frequency. By using two tones that are just barely the right distance apart i-doser can make a fairly high frequency binaural beat which makes the user feel uncomfortable. That plus a few high pitched sounds and some off beat undertones creates an unbearably uncomfortable auditory environment.

Its not a very complicated process and can be done with a good stereo graintable keyboard, a musical ear, and a bit of imagination.
dogmancar
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Re: How does Gates of Hades work?

Post by dogmancar »

Also as far as the seeing demons goes thats more of a visual representation of the experience people subconsciously create for themselves. The dose wasn't necessarily created as a hallucinogenic dose as hallucinogenic doses are very low frequency, but when sitting in a dark room having such an intense experience one tends to super impose that experience onto an image such as a demon to make the experience more comprehensible.

Directly the dose only causes pain and stress, the hallucinations some people have are a manifestation of that pain and stress.