Wich Sound Do You Focus On?

Get user supplied support
pjott

Wich Sound Do You Focus On?

Post by pjott »

Yo! :)

I've noticed there's more than just one "instrument" in each dose.

The White Noise
When I focus on the White Noise, I've been able
to hear some kind of "drumming" or "stepping".
But I have to listen verry deep into the sound to
make this happen

The 'Wubbing' Sound
The wubbing sound is also verry calming.
I'm getting relaxed listening to this :)

Anyways!
My question is: Wich sound do YOU focus the most on?
The 'Wubbing' sound, or the 'White Noise' ?
olgi
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by olgi »

I focus on the whole. Or at least try to. But if you need to focus on one, I'd say the wubbing sound. I believe the white noise should go down into your subconsciousness... But don't quote me on that!
Kelli
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by Kelli »

My experience is that after a while the 'wubbing' sound - as you call it - tends to feel more ambient.

So after a while my mind has been drifting over to the variantions in the white noise. I too have been hearing the background sounds in the white noise.

I have been hearing footsteps, wind blowing, footsteps and such things, hidden deep within the white noise.
marleena
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by marleena »

I concentrate on the "wub-wub" personally. It reminds me of a heartbeat, it's very soothing. I listen to the beat and feel if my pulse is responding in time to the noise.
pjott

Post by pjott »

Kelli wrote:I have been hearing footsteps, wind blowing, footsteps and such things, hidden deep within the white noise.
Yeah! Footsteps! And Wind etc.
Also, it sound like a drumming sound ;)
Just listen, and you'll find it.

And I've also heard like... Footsteps in a hall with no furnigers.
An empty hall :P
When I wrote "stepping", I ment footsteps :)

Niiiice <3
I tried the "Trip" today.
WOAH! xD
Bloyamind
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: Wich Sound Do You Focus On?

Post by Bloyamind »

So what yields the most effect? The white noise calms me. The extreme wobbing sometimes pulls me in, which makes my eyelids twitch and tighten, but I'm wondering if this has any effect on the dose (it even can happen with doses like Reset).

Also:
I hear a lot about people counting down from high numbers to focus. But while doing this, do you actually consciously listen to the dose, or do you fully focus on counting. And if so, does that mean you don't have to focus fully on the sounds?

I've had some light effects until now. I do fully trust in the doses working, as I had mistaken ecstacy and xtc. I found out quite soon I had mixed those up :eek: :-D
idoser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by idoser »

The white noise is the carrier, and then there are two separate binaural tones in each ear. There is no specific sound you should be trying to focus on. You should just be listening to the entirety of the dose at a normal listening level.
Bloyamind
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Bloyamind »

Thanks! Tried this last night and it worked. Took some effort though, as I am used to discerning different instruments in layered music.